Agent not finding path when facing a door

matmalm

I'm trying that my NPC opens doors when they are on the way of their destination.
The behavior is handled by the Behavior Designer, and mainly the action movements are Patrol and Seek.
For opening the doors, I'm using UCC abilities (interact) with a raycast, and the door is opened by manipulating the transform instead of an animation, as the players also open doors this way.
The doors opens always to one side, this is because the doors have a hinge in which it doesn't look good when the doors open to both sides. Also when the door is fully open I activate a Nav mesh Obstacle that carves in order for the NPC to avoid that area when the door is open.
The 2 main issues I'm facing right now is that when the NPC comes from the way in which the door opens, it gets pushed away and it leaves the NPC in an area which is not part of the Nav mesh, however when the NPC goes from the inside an the door opens the other way, there is no problem:

door.png

The other issue is that I'd like to stop the NPC when the ability is being active, is it possible to do this inside the Interact ability instead of the Interactable component?

I just updated from UFPM (v2) to UFPS (v3), and the first issue runs much better now, not perfect because it gets through the door object (prob something changed with the colliders) when is pushed, but it's much better than not having any destination and being idle.

The other issue is that I'd like to stop the NPC when the ability is being active, is it possible to do this inside the Interact ability instead of the Interactable component?
Sure, you could create a new Interactable component and add this logic.