A few questions before buying Behavior Designer

Hi

I wanted to know a few things before considering buying BD: Say I'm making a game with very basic enemy AI - when enemies spot the player, they follow and attack/shoot him. They take and deal damage.

1. For something basic like this, do I also need Deathmatch AI? The description makes it sound like all "kill player" stuff is a part of Deathmatch AI.

2. Do I also need any add-on packs like the Movement pack for the above stuff? Do these packs come included with BD? (The description makes it sound like they are)

3. I am also not a programmer, so are there pre-built tasks/actions for basic things like "shoot at" "seek" "patrol" etc, or do these need to be coded and created from scratch?

4. Will these actions also smoothly and visually tie in to UFPS stuff like health, death etc through the editor, or does that require coding?

Thanks

1. For something basic like this, do I also need Deathmatch AI? The description makes it sound like all "kill player" stuff is a part of Deathmatch AI.
Since you have UFPS you can use that for the character controller. It has a task that allows you to use the current item. This integration is included:

2. Do I also need any add-on packs like the Movement pack for the above stuff? Do these packs come included with BD? (The description makes it sound like they are)
Those packs do not come with Behavior Designer. The Movement Pack is extremely useful and the integration demo scene uses the Movement Pack.

3. I am also not a programmer, so are there pre-built tasks/actions for basic things like "shoot at" "seek" "patrol" etc, or do these need to be coded and created from scratch?
You can use the integration and Movement Pack tasks without scripting.

4. Will these actions also smoothly and visually tie in to UFPS stuff like health, death etc through the editor, or does that require coding?
Yes, it will.

Alright, great, sounds like I'll only need BD + Movement Pack and will be able to use pre-built tasks for shooting, seeking etc. Thanks for answering my questions!