3rd Person Camera Position Smoothing - Rotation

Klin

Hi,
I'm using 3rd person combat view type with position smoothing.

The problem is, when I rotate the character, the camera follows with smoothing which looks very unnatural.

Is there a way to apply the position smoothing only to the movement of the character and not the rotation?

I tried modifying ThirdPerson.Move(), only allow x/y/z axis to apply smoothing but this doesn't help.

Maybe you have an idea?

Thanks!

If it's the mouse-controlled rotation, then you may want to change the look vector mode on the character's UnityInput component from smoothed to manual or raw.

If it's the mouse-controlled rotation, then you may want to change the look vector mode on the character's UnityInput component from smoothed to manual or raw.
Yes, I mean the mouse-controlled rotation. Unfortunately, this doesn't solve it.

The rotation does not look as natural, would be great if there is a solution to always have the player in the middle.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

For the third-person viewtype, you should be able to just reduce the smoothing values (look offset smoothing, position smoothing) or even set them to 0.

The camera definitely shouldn't be moving around separate from the player like that though. Have you modified the viewtype or are using a custom one? Are you able to reproduce this in the demo scene?

For the third-person viewtype, you should be able to just reduce the smoothing values (look offset smoothing, position smoothing) or even set them to 0.

The camera definitely shouldn't be moving around separate from the player like that though. Have you modified the viewtype or are using a custom one? Are you able to reproduce this in the demo scene?
Yes it is very easy to reproduce this in the demo scene.

When you open the default "ThirdPersonControllerDemo" and set Position Smoothing in either Combat or Adventure View Type to 1, you get this result when you rotate the character with the mouse.

I want the camera smoothing when the character moves forwards/backwards/sidewards/jumps but NOT when I rotate him with the mouse.

It is not currently possible to separate that smoothing. I can look at adding this to a future release but this will require modification within the view type.

It is not currently possible to separate that smoothing. I can look at adding this to a future release but this will require modification within the view type.
Please do. I'm having the same issue with users reporting getting motion sick on rocky terrain from the camera movement and position smoothing helps with that but reproduces the rotation issue mentioned above. I'm not sure how to solve the problem without a fix to this issue.

Yes it is very easy to reproduce this in the demo scene.

When you open the default "ThirdPersonControllerDemo" and set Position Smoothing in either Combat or Adventure View Type to 1, you get this result when you rotate the character with the mouse.

I want the camera smoothing when the character moves forwards/backwards/sidewards/jumps but NOT when I rotate him with the mouse.
Hi there! Were you able to resolve this issue? Im having it as well.