2 questions

Unima9000

Hello there. I have 2 non-related questions:

1) I didn't understand how do Grounded Grace work. I thought that if i put there big value like 999, the character could be 999 sec grounded after stepped off the platform. But it seems like it didn't do anything at all, whatever number i use: 0 or 1 or 10 an etc. My character just always falls from platform off and didnt jump whatsoever.

2) My character bounces too much off the ground when i fall from great high. Where can i disable or reduce this effect?

1) I didn't understand how do Grounded Grace work. I thought that if i put there big value like 999, the character could be 999 sec grounded after stepped off the platform. But it seems like it didn't do anything at all, whatever number i use: 0 or 1 or 10 an etc. My character just always falls from platform off and didnt jump whatsoever.
We don't have a Grounded Grace parameter - what value are you referring to? Furthermore, what are you trying to do?

2) My character bounces too much off the ground when i fall from great high. Where can i disable or reduce this effect?
If I disable the fall damage and have the character fall from a large height the character doesn't bounce at all. Are you referring to the ragdoll? For this you'll need to adjust the colliders on the individual limb - the controller doesn't directly control this.

We don't have a Grounded Grace parameter

I'm talking about that parameter:

1567711144368.png

I want my character to still be able to jump a few seconds after became non-grounded. After reading this parameter description i thought that it should do the trick, but whatever value i puts in to it - seems like nothing changes.

Last edited:
Ahh.. I see now. You're right in that it wasn't working. Within Jump.cs change:

Code:
                if ((!m_JumpApplied && m_InAirTime + m_GroundedGracePeriod > Time.time) || 
                    (m_RepeatedJumpCount != -1 && m_RepeatedJumpCount >= m_MaxRepeatedJumpCount) || m_JumpTime + m_RecurrenceDelay > Time.time) {
to:
Code:
                if ((!m_JumpApplied && m_InAirTime + m_GroundedGracePeriod <= Time.time) || 
                    (m_RepeatedJumpCount != -1 && m_RepeatedJumpCount > m_MaxRepeatedJumpCount) || (m_JumpTime != -1 && m_JumpTime + m_RecurrenceDelay > Time.time)) {