Surface Impact on skinned Mesh renderer

MarkusKer

Hello,

i am wondering what the best practice would be for the following problem.
I understand that i can change the surface impact from the surface manager by assigning difefrent textures.
The problem is however that the object also needs an collider for the effect to work. If i have an skinned mesh renderer without an collider (because it is not possible to add one) the fallback effect gets applied. I can work around this problem by changing the fallback effect to the desired one but this also means that i would have to add every singe texture to the surface manager if i want an different effect applied.

Is thare a better way?

Regards,
Markus

Yes i have done that but it looks like is only applies the effect if the mesh is not a skinned mesh renderer. I have tested this with two simple cubes having the same texture. one has a mesh collider attached and is working as expected. The other one does not have a mesh collider attached and the fallback effect gets applied.

Ah, yes, the surface system does use colliders in order to detect the texture. Instead of using a mesh collider you can attach capsule colliders similar to what is done with a ragdoll. You can then attach the Surface Identifier.