Recent content by Woods

1. W

Bug: Perspective Monitor Null Renderer

I am pretty sure its because we dont use object pooling to spawn character items. I overrode it in Inventory so that its instantiated and destroyed completely. This is so that changes by our gun powerup system don't carry over when the player drops it and picks up the same gun later...
  2. W

Object Pool Error On Client When Using Assault Rifle Trigger Repeat

I haven't used the multiplayer since update to v3, but there seems to be a couple Destroys in the ProjectileModule that could be destroying the SpawnedProjectile before the server. Maybe try logging around them to see if that's the cause.
  3. W

Bug: Perspective Monitor Null Renderer

UCC version: 3.0.15 When my character dies the perspective monitor is throwing a blocking null ref from the renderers in TryUpdateDeathMaterials(). Its probably something we caused since we only want a specified number of weapons on a character at a time and we need them to be fully destroyed...
  4. W

Interactable Message Improvement

I was wanting responsive messages for my interactables and found it odd that IInteractableTarget functions use the character gameobject but the IInteractableMessage doesn't seeing as these are used together. So I made a few minor changes to make it work. This is easily added and won't mess with...
  5. W

How to make local multiplayer?

You could probably get away with 1 camera if you were doing a static camera, top down, or side scroller game. You would need to make a custom CameraController that adjusts itself to keep all players in view, or alternatively, restrict all player's movement to stay within the camera view. I...
  6. W

TrajectoryObject bounce off vertical walls

I was having this same problem with them sticking in walls, but I ended up removing them from weapons altogether for better performance. Now that I think about it, maybe when they stuck in the walls the continuous collisions were causing the physics performance issue I was having.
  7. W

How to make local multiplayer?

I am assuming you mean split screen and not LAN multiplayer? For split screen, you would have to make a second camera and assign the character to its CameraController. Then figure out how to combine both camera outputs and change one of the player's input keys. Multiple cameras can be costly...
  8. W

Ragdoll Disabler

Made a script that boosts performance if you want ragdoll deaths on characters but dont need to interact with after death. Add it to your character, assign the Character and Ragdoll Rig. Once the ragdoll stops moving, it gets disabled until respawn. Works pretty well for AI characters you want...
  9. W

Bug: Weapon firerate slows with framerate drops

Ok so its better to disconnect the weapon use/complete events from animations and just use timers. Will give this a try tomorrow, thanks!
  10. W

Bug: Weapon firerate slows with framerate drops

I have been having an issue with the firerate dropping on the assault rifle if the FPS drops. Yesterday I realized it was tied to the character animator being forced to update in Normal mode by the AnimatorMonitor. This does seem to have better performance with lots of characters, but causes the...
  11. W

Grenades removed when empty

Well I figured sort of figured out my grenade problem. I had the wrong approach when adding grenades to my Inventory. Now that I have them in their own Item Set Group in they work more like expected. There doesn't seem to be a way to make them persist, but my original reason for needing that was...
  12. W

Another odd thing that tells me I should be able to get this to work, when the inventory has RemoveAllOnDeath enabled all the ammo persists. I also need to figure out how to fix that as it should drop all ammo and reset to the exact default loadout, not stack ammo from dying.
  13. W

Using UCC: 3.0.15 I am currently working to implement grenades but am having an issue with them being removed from the Inventory when they have all been used. I need the grenades to remain in the inventory so that another script can refill whatever grenade is equipped. The only time I want these...
  14. W

Hitscan penetration

Ah I think I found the issue @Cheo I was working on a high penetration weapon and it was having issues getting it to go through some things. It was caused by that penetration default value. I fixed it in original post, the change is in HitscanShooter.HitScanFire(), now the PenetrationDamageMod...
  15. W

the corpse disappears if I get too close to it

This seems to have a bit better performance than setting Update When Offscreen always on. Just add it to gameobject with the skinned mesh renderers that are disappearing. It could probably be optimized further to only update if the position changed. If the ragdoll can't be interacted with and...