Recent content by wizardpoop

1. W

GetAbility<T>() gets wrong ability

Thank you @Justin , I think I understand now. I'm seeing the abilityIndexparameter here: I was under the impression the abilityIndex was a custom value to set based on the documentation: Documentation link for below snapshot: Documentation link for below snapshot: So does 101 mean...
  2. W

GetAbility<T>() gets wrong ability

@Justin I have some abilities that share base classes or otherwise can extend another (Glide -> Fly for example). If I then use m_CharacterLocomotion.GetAbility<Glide>() I can end up with a superclass variant (Fly) as opposed to the target subclass which ultimately leads to an error. This is...
  3. W

Best Practice Pause and Resume for Characters, Cameras, and Objects

@Justin Additionally there is no API to read the array of current: KinematicCharacters KinematicCameras KinematicObjects to even foreach and "pause" (where each type currently would need a different way to pause as I see it). Am I missing something obvious and/or overlooking something? It...
  4. W

@Justin So I ran into a bug related to my above kinematicObjectManager.enabled pause approach. It turns out that disabling results in the instance being nullified if there is a scene unload change. Thus, when another opsive manager tries to access the KinematicObjectManager upon pause resuming...
  5. W

Vertical input for wall walking while extending Pseudo3D

FWIW the solution was simple as expected. The location of where to do this AFAICT is in a custom MovementType's GetInputVector. This is the class (I don't need or use forward direction): public class 2D : Pseudo3D { public override float GetDeltaYawRotation(float...
  6. W

Wall Walking Ability

@MikeW With your solution, does up/down input on your controller or keyboard result in wall movement in the respective direction? Or do you still need to have relative left/right input? The above question assumes 2.5D movement where x is horizontal and y vertical. **EDIT** Resolved here
  7. W

Vertical input for wall walking while extending Pseudo3D

@ChristianWiele In the context of the Pseudo3D MovementType, which methods do I need to override to ensure that vertical input can move the character along their local horizontal axis? For example: Horizontal input works as expected for moving the character left and right (while...
  8. W

How to properly reset a UCC character?

Thanks for clarifying. I think that would make a lot of sense.
  9. W

How to properly reset a UCC character?

This link has helped in the past http://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/freeze-player-in-air-ground-pound-ability.5410/post-26785, but I'm ultimately curious about the definitive and proper way to reset a UCC character. I ask as I just fixed another bug related to this and I'd like to be...
  10. W

Open source Opsive.Shared.Events?

@Justin Awesome, I just downloaded it, but I can't find what the license type is. Can you please confirm the license type? For context, I'm considering forking it and making a few minor tweaks (likely just API signature name changes but possibly a bit more). If I end up hosting my fork on...
  11. W

Open source Opsive.Shared.Events?

@Justin Have you considered open sourcing the Opsive.Shared.Events code? I think it would be great for others not using UCC and it seems generic enough that it might make sense.
  12. W

I refactored my approach to handle the three kinematic types in a much simpler way. My pause/resume handlers are now simply: private void OnGamePause() { kinematicObjectManager.enabled = false; } private void OnGameResume() { kinematicObjectManager.enabled = true; }
  13. W

I have a GamePlayManager where I'm able to pause/resume gameplay for 1-4 UCC characters. It works well and the current (possibly naïve) implementation is: private void OnGamePause() { foreach (var locomotion in uccCharacterLocomotions) { locomotion.TimeScale = 0; } } private...
  14. W

Lerp or Tween MovingPlatform Waypoints

@Justin I'm exploring the MovingPlatform component to see if there is a simple way to lerp or tween the waypoints. From what I can tell currently, you are using an AnimationCurve with Keyframes for some of the movement interpolation and lerping for the rest. As such, to pull off lerping or...
  15. W

Rewired and RewiredConsts use in UCC

Rewired has a utility to generate a RewiredConsts file https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/HowTos.html#converting-scripts3. Regarding the: Do you plan on ensuring UCC works with this efficiency?