Recent content by vectorfrog

1. V

Multiple Model Character setup null ref exception

For my project, commenting out line 740 of CharacterManager.cs solves all the problems and allows me to create a two model character fully. Not sure if this is being used yet anywhere else but, I will update the thread when I find out. thanks.
  2. V

Multiple Model Character setup null ref exception

Hello, I am wondering what the exact steps are for creating a character that uses the model switch capabilities? I am having problems and wondering if it's something I'm not doing right as the video skips right over it, and the screenshot in the documentation implies that it can be done. I have...
  3. V

Unable to set Detection Mode on Can See task

Hello, I am trying to set the Detection Mode to 'Tag' but for some reason when I change it and then click on something else, it changes back to 'Everything'. Doesn't matter what I try to change it to, it always reverts back to 'Everything' when I click off the control. What am I doing wrong...
  4. V

Open Other Item View Slot Container Item Action

I was able to figure out what was going on. I basically have certain items in my inventory to have their own inventory, and then open an ItemViewSlotContainer panel for these items. I have been able to get it all to work now so I'm marking this as resolved.
  5. V

Looks like when it's trying to create the Item Actions menu, the OpenOtherItemViewSlotContainerItemAction never gets added to the list of available actions. I am wondering what are the requirements for having OpenOtherItemViewSlotContainerItemAction show up as an available action? I have tested...
  6. V

Hello, I am trying to open a floating panel that contains another Item View Slots Container from the Item View slots on the Equipment panel. I found in the documentation a reference to OpenOtherItemViewSlotContainer Item Action but am having troubles getting it to work. Is there any other...
  7. V

V2: SetState

I was able to come up with a solution. I just wrote a custom script and attached it to the character.
  8. V

V2: SetState

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm trying to set the State of the CharacterLayerManager to something using an object. For example when the object is active I want the LayerManager to be in one state and vice versa. I am wondering if anyone has tried to do this, and...
  9. V

Interaction Indicator not showing on Dialogue system interactions

The Dialog System trigger is on an object in the scene. I discovered that the Gameplay Panel for UIS had the Graphic Raycaster Target component. Disabling this seems to have fixed all the issues. But I am wondering why it is there in the first place as everything is working as intended. Thanks...
  10. V

Interaction Indicator not showing on Dialogue system interactions

I know this is an old post, but I am having similar issues and didn't want to start a new thread just yet. I am using UIS with Dialog System, and the only way I can get the Dialog System trigger to work is by disabling the Graphic Raycaster on the Inventory Canvas. But then that obviously breaks...
  11. V

Save Menu Item Action buttons

I don't want to change the look of the buttons, just the functionality of the Save and Load buttons. I think I found what I'm looking for in SaveGrid.cs. I need to call the pixel crushers save method instead of the UIS methods for saving/loading, but keep the UI looking the same. Thanks for the...
  12. V

Yes, that is partly correct, I'd like the UIS UI to be the parent. I already have the save system working and all components set up, I just need to connect the item action buttons to the correct method in the code but having difficulty finding where in the code those item action buttons...
  13. V

Hello, I'm looking at configuring the pixel crushers save system with UIS save system and looking at the Item Action Buttons for the save slots. The "Save", "Load", "Delete", etc action buttons is what I am referring to. How are those buttons generated? I can see them in the schema but having...
  14. V

Disable Inventory UI when another menu is open

Hi, I am using Dialog System and Quest Machine along with this. When there is a dialog window open, how can I prevent the inventory UI from appearing? Basically, I only want one UI open at a time. Are there specific options to set for this and I've missed them? Thanks!
  15. V

Runtime UI assignment

I was able to figure out a solution to the problem, though I don't know if it is the correct way of doing things. I had to add the inventory UI canvas to the scene that I instantiate the characters in. I also had to add the database components to this scene as well. I marked the database...