Recent content by Tscorpio

1. T

Object Pooling in TPC

I guess what I'm wondering the Object pool is a resource when writing custom behaviors? It's not utilized by any UPC code?
  2. T

Object Pooling in TPC

I understand the Object pool and it's purpose and I'm wondering if the TPC scripts utilitize the pool already. For example - I set a muzzleflash in the object pool In the shootable object script, I set the muzzleflash object to the prefab with the same name as it appears in the pool Will the...
  3. T

Character feet not on ground during runtime.

I am not using custom animations and the rig checked out. But after a lot of trial and error I found a combination of capsule size and position that fixed the issue. I honestly have no idea why it works, I got lucky :) It does seem to have something to do with the capsule and the sizer script...
  4. T

Character feet not on ground during runtime.

Please see the screen shots attached. There's actually two things going on: First the characters feet isn't touching the ground Second is the character is being repositioned in the CapsuleCollider causing his legs to bend. I've been looking at the Collider and Capsule Collider Positioner...
  5. T

Spawn particle system on item pickup?

Is there something built into an item pickup that will spawn objects when the pickup happens? Should I just subclass the item pickup and code my own? Thanks!
  6. T

Hitpoint not correct

So it turns out the fire point transfrom rotation got changed. Setting it to "Z forward" fixed it.
  7. T

Gun Tracer not positioning itself?

Discovered that the gun tracer is working, bit the hitpoint is not being returned correctly. Closed this question and made a new one asking about the hitpoint.
  8. T

Hitpoint not correct

I have a Full Auto Weapon that uses the Hitscan approach for it's impact detection. The problem is it's returning the wrong position. It's way off - like almost 90 degrees. Any idea where or how I could resolve it? Thanks
  9. T

Gun Tracer not positioning itself?

I have made an Line Rendering object and attached the Tracer script to it. I saved it as a prefab and used it in the "Tracer" field on the weapons shootable component. Finally I assigned the transform of the tracer to the be same position as the muzzle flash. The problem is the at runtime the...
  10. T

Third Person weapon and Pseudo 3D - Lookat set ahead instead of controlled by mouse.

I am trying to setup a third person character whose weapon points & fires in whatever direction they are facing. The Camera is using Third Person Pseudo 3d The character movement is using Pseudo 3d The character moves & turns fine, but whenever I aim & fire the weapon was repoints itself in...
  11. T

Item setup - watching video but getting different results?

I abandoned the project and started a new one and it was still acting strange. Then I redownloaded the asset and now everything is working as expected. I guess something was corrupted down in there...
  12. T

I've looked through the troubleshooting tips and it seems that Equip & UnEquip abilities aren't being included in the characters abilities list when the character is built. What's strange is they aren't in the available abilities to add at all.
  13. T

Yes I see them in the inventory, but it's not being equiped(?). I've included a screen shot of the character at runtime if that will help.
  14. T

You mean The Item Collection field? Yes, it is set to the DemoItemCollection.