Recent content by RobotGames

1. RobotGames

VR item requires Drop Ability even when not used

Here is the error I am getting: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.AddOns.VR.Character.Abilities.Items.Hold.Start () (at...
  2. RobotGames

VR item requires Drop Ability even when not used

Justin I hope I'm not overwhelming you... Just working through making this work the way I want. I have the Hold (Slot x) ability on my controller. I get an error that I do not have a drop ability even though my On Stop Action is set to None. Basically why do I need a drop ability even if I never...
  3. RobotGames

Equip Item without pickup or grab

In my game the player has a limited number of weapons, like Fallout VR or such. You do not get to pick up a new weapon in the level. The player enters a level with a certain loadout, cannot grab or drop any. How can I do this in VR like I do with the standard FPS controller? I've been messing...
  4. RobotGames

Interact Abilities with VR Add On

Can I use my same interact abilities, open door, etc with the VR Add On? I have a FPS set up and would love to just drop the VR dude in and have a VR game.
  5. RobotGames

VR Add-On: Smooth Locomotion

I made an update that will work with Steam or Oculus or anything that the VR Add on works with because it only uses the VR add on. I just used the HandHandler to get the hand transform, then did the math on it from there. Works pretty good, it would better if I made a mechanism for Left/Right...
  6. RobotGames

If you are using SteamVR with the new Input system here is how I did it. I had to create my own Locomotion Handler to deal with Steam Input and am planning on one for Oculus. The important stuff for us is in the Update. public SteamVR_Input_Sources handType; public SteamVR_Action_Vector2...
  7. RobotGames

Fallout VR, Skyrim VR, Vanishing Realms, Serious Sam series, No Man's Sky, basically every VR FPS game. They call it hand oriented or controller oriented or some such. I had to implement my own in my own Locomotion Handler. Get the rotation of the controller and use that to adjust the vectors...
  8. RobotGames

VR Add on hands way off center

I don't know where you'd want to see a ray? I think the hands are correct, the VR camera is off. The camera centers on the FirstPersonCharacter even though that is not where it is in the real space. Using the beta my Char would be at say 0,0,0 and the camera was offset from that. The VR Camera...
  9. RobotGames

VR Add on hands way off center

I just made a brand new project, reinstall of UCC 2.1.6 from store. Downloaded new VR Add On, setup etc and when I run the demo my right and left controllers are about 2M offset in the X direction and offset in Y as well. I was literally working with the beta this morning and all was fine. Unity...
  10. RobotGames

VR Add-On

I have found making games that are both VR & normal that its probably best to have a separate chars for VR and non. I have a Scene that contains everything I need except the levels and then additive load the levels. Check this strategy from Unity: Adventure tutorial
  11. RobotGames

Calling Move(float horizontalMovement, float forwardMovement, float deltaYawRotation) does not move char.

Answering my own question I found the answer here: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/artificial-intelligence/
  12. RobotGames

Calling Move(float horizontalMovement, float forwardMovement, float deltaYawRotation) does not move char.

I was messing around with some things and I have an AI char with no navmesh. I just wanted to move it with a direct input so I called UltimateCharacterLocomotion.Move(horiz, vert, 0) And while it will animate as if it is moving it doesn't actually move. I created the char as an AI char. Are...
  13. RobotGames

VR Add-On

How do I get this new 2.1.6 version of UCC? I have purchased VR Addon via your store
  14. RobotGames

VR Add-On

When does this drop on the Asset Store? I have always purchased through the Asset Store as it just makes it more convenient, I guess that's why it is so popular. If I have created my game using UCC can I easily replace the UCC with the VR Controller? Do my interactions etc still work just as...
  15. RobotGames

Generic UI Message

I was looking at making additions myself, I'd literally pass a string to be displayed? I was going to use the Event system something along the lines of: EventHandler.RegisterEvent<string>(m_Character, "OnDisplayString", OnDisplayString); Where OnDisplayString would deal with of course...