Recent content by rajdpj

1. R

SharedString Does Not Match

justin, I did what you suggested before your reply and it did not recognize the tasks that I had in the movement pack(wander,move toward,etc). I also am restricted to an older version of behavior designer because of my project. I realized that the runtime source is not compatible with the...
  2. R

sir, the error reappeared and i loaded the runtime source and getting the following error: TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.Movement.NavMesh Movement' from assembly 'BehaviorDesignerMovementAssembly, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'...
  3. R

justin, I was able to solve the issue without the runtime source. I think that the getVariable is what was the root cause. I now know that I do not have to do a getVariable before the setVariable. Thank you for your time.
  4. R

justin, how can i invoke the runtime source so that i can provide you with the information that you have requested?
  5. R

justin, i will do as you say and get back to you.
  6. R

Justin, FleeSourceGameObject is a SharedGameObject. The error says that but I have included the snippet of code that I am using that is the reason why the error makes no sense to me: var fleeSourceGameObjectBT = (SharedGameObject)behaviorTreeVariables.behaviorTree.GetVariable...
  7. R

Justin, I am getting the following annoying error and it causes my project to pause immediately, I have tried many things based upon your documentation and still get the error: Error: Unable to set SharedVariable - the variable type BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.SharedString does not match the...
  8. R

How to disable/enable a task in an external behavior tree?

justin, I appreciate your suggestion, I will try to implement it.
  9. R

How to disable/enable a task in an external behavior tree?

I have an external tree that I would like to switch between a seek and flee task based upon a bool setting of fleeTargetGameObject: 1. is it possible to disable the seek task and enable the flee task at runtime if the fleeTargetGameObject is true or enable the seek task and disable the flee task...
  10. R

Behavior Designer - Cover Task

Justin, I appreciate your time and answers. I will take a look at the DeathMatch AI kit and proceed with your suggestion. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
  11. R

Justin, I would like to know the best way to incorporate the cover task in the following scenarios: 1. standing still and take cover when alerted by enemy 2. while guard in cover shoot at player(animation), then change to another cover layer maybe to get closer to player then resume shooting...
  12. R

Justin, I appreciate your time and answers. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
  13. R

I am currently using the behavior designer Cover task with unity and have the following questions: 1. How does the Cover task decide which side of an object (i.e. a wall) to hide behind? is it using the forward vector of the cover gameobject? 2. Does the cover object have to be a mesh? if so...