Recent content by MrMemeseeks

1. M

Parallel selector aborting children.

I thought of the same indeed and that seemed to work. Thanks!
  2. M

As far as I understand the parallel task returns failure as soon as a child returns failure. As shown on the image the left sequence returns failure(as expected) What I would like is that both "branches" are executed parallel and any branch that succeeds should continue running. So in this...
  3. M

Hi! I don't know exactly what the problem is but for some reason the Sequence on the right returns failure even though the "Has Utility Trait" returns success. What i'd like to achieve is to have these initial checks (Has priority traits, has utility traits) and for the ones that return true, I...
  4. M

External behavior tree editor formatting

Hi! I was wondering if it is possible (or a planned feature) to format the positioning of runtime loaded external behavior trees. I have a custom class which extends 'BehaviorReference', overrides the GetExternalBehaviors method and returns a couple of external behaviors. However when I open...
  5. M

Return TaskStatus in OnStart

Okay I thought so already. I will go in this direction then. Thanks (y)
  6. M

Return TaskStatus in OnStart

Hi all, I've been wondering if it is possible to return the TaskStatus in the OnStart instead of only in the OnUpdate. In the OnStart I do some validation of the action I want to perform. If the action is invalid to perform I want to return a Failure right away. I know that a workaround could...
  7. M

Dynamic instantiation and assignment of External Behavior Trees

That's some gold explanation thanks! I think this is how I had it at some point and I think I will return to this implementation. My concern with it was this part. I am not super happy about reloading the whole BT when I only want to swap jobs. But I understand that right now there is no...
  8. M

I saw your post indeed but there is something I don't understand. I hope you don't mind explaining. As I understand from this part: simpleAI.behaviorTree.ExternalBehavior = null; simpleAI.behaviorTree.ExternalBehavior = this.SimpleAI_DefaultBehaviour; You have your Agent code(simpleAI) which...
  9. M

I think that my previous post (including the screenshot) matches point 3 the most? So loading the job's BT using the BehaviorTreeReference. The problem I have here(and I believe that's also the issue you try to resolve) is that you cannot swap a BTReference at runtime since the BTReference will...
  10. M

Okay another approach I found. For some reason I thought that you can only add one Behavior Tree component to a GameObject. Now it seems that this is not the case. So in order to avoid reloading the whole Agent's BT, I do the jobs logic in a separate BT component. I think the downside is that...
  11. M

I tried this approach right now. It seems to work. So when the agent doesn't have a job it will retrieve one. Set the CurrentJob property in the agent's class. Then I restart the BT. This triggers a call to the LoadJobAction's GetExternalBehaviorTrees which loads the agent's job BT. The...
  12. M

It is not entirely clear for me yet unfortunately. I made a simple setup for clarity but I cannot get it to work fully. I have this simple setup for now. The goal is that the "Get Job Action" should set the job field for the agent. My job object contains a external behavior tree which...
  13. M

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll end up with something similar. Something I'm currently trying is the following: I have a regular c# interface IJob which has a property called BehaviorTree. Every class that implements this interface sets the property at runtime by loading the BT.asset from...
  14. M

Hi all, I'm implementing BD and what I would like to have is the following: I have classic "AI agents" who should be able to pickup different tasks/jobs (base building style). The execution of those jobs is different depending on the type of job. So what I would like to do is to separate...