Recent content by mrblasto

1. M

Loading Demo Scene when Editor configured for Android Build Slows Editor to a Crawl

Here are some notes on improving performance of demo in editor on mac in a mobile build configuration: 1. Use half res textures in Project/Quality settings -- quality is poor but workflow is quick. Quality can be set back to full res textures when creating a build for target platform. A...
  2. M

Has Anyone Gotten The Demo to Work on iOS or Android?

I've detached the exterior level from the demo, removed the special effects (lifts, overhead views etc.), and have gotten it to work on both Android and iOS. I'm curious what I did that makes the virtual controls work. I did not change anything except to unselect the Unity.Input disable cursor...
  3. M

Has Anyone Gotten The Demo to Work on iOS or Android?

I've tried on both an iPhone 7 plus and Galaxy S8 both running their latest respective OS. The demo runs but neither the touch pad nor the joystick work. The other virtual buttons work. I've gotten both the touch pad and joystick to work in my own code and both mouse/key and virtual controls...
  4. M

How do you aim rifles using virtual controls (equivalent of right mouse)

The solution in the first paragraph didn't work for but the second, unselecting Disable Cursor, did work. I tried slowing down time to 1/10th and I didn't see an aim effect so I'm not convinced it ever started when trying to control it manually. I set both the AbilityStartType and...
  5. M

No, it will only start if I call it from the Fire2. I traced the call from Fire2 -- I can walk thru the entire code path until the next step over changes from pause to play. Then when I click on the game window, the aim takes effect. How about approaching this a different way. Why does...
  6. M

First, I found that the mapping for aim is Fire2, not Fire3. Fire3 appears to have no action. When I put Fire2 in the Button Name field of the VirtualButton component it worked but it ate the pointer. Basically it stopped responding to touch input. Fire1 works perfectly (it shoots the weapon)...
  7. M

In the standalone first person perspective of the demo, you can aim the rifles using the right mouse button. I'm trying to do the same, mapping the action button (or any button) to a method that aims (brings up scope view) and un-aims the rifle (return to normal view). I've found the aim...
  8. M

Loading Demo Scene when Editor configured for Android Build Slows Editor to a Crawl

Thanks. I was wondering why you didn't include simpler scenes as you did in UFPS and mobile UFPS? The demo in UCC and sky city in UFPS are great looking levels, but the simpler scenes, especially the clean scene in UFPS were very useful. Is there anything equivalent for UCC?
  9. M

A screenshot of what? Of the slowdown without the profile? A profile of the minimum scene? The profile deductions are all from the posted screenshot. I did remove all the lights from the demo scene and that seemed to solve the problem. But remember, the problem occurred in edit mode with...
  10. M

Except that the slowdown occurs whether the profiler is on or off or whether the window is open or not. It happens in the demo scene, but not in a minimal scene, and only in the android and iOS platform build settings. And it happens when the game player is off; any kind of input triggers the...
  11. M

Here's a screenshot of the profiler. It shows a spike during the Gfx.WaitForPresent call of 10 seconds to process a frame. And it's all in a script. Unfortunately it doesn't show which script. I'm assuming those are user scripts, not code inside a dll. Also, the spike occurs on mouse or...
  12. M

The title pretty much sums up the symptoms. The editor runs smoothly if I just have a player with just a few weapons and a cut down scene. A fully loaded player seems to slow the editor down a little but the scene seems to run ok. A player and the demo scene is unusable unless the editor is...
  13. M

Bow stuck in Drawn Position -- Won't Shoot or Return to Idle

I was able to get it to work by copying values from the Nolan in the demo scene. But it's very frustrating not to know exactly what it is. I'm already debugging another problem that I'll post separately about, it's far too much work to A/B to figure out what was wrong. Also, the bow...
  14. M

Bow stuck in Drawn Position -- Won't Shoot or Return to Idle

I'm following the video tutorial trying to get the arrow to shoot. I draw the bow back with the left mouse button but it gets stuck in the Bow Aim Idle state in mechanin and doesn't return to idle or shoot when I release the mouse. It happens in both 1st and 3rd person perspective. I've tried...