Recent content by MatB

1. M

Moving Platform Problems

That's great news Justin :)
  2. M

Moving Platform Problems

Hi Justin. Did you get anywhere with this? We've noticed other moving platform related problems now. The most problematic is that it becomes difficult or impossible to shoot another player when standing on anything set to the 'MovingPlatform' layer.
  3. M

Bug in PUN Ladder Climb

We have setup the LadderClimb ability as per the instructions. This worked across the network okay on stationary ladders. We have a moving ladder so we've ticked 'Move With Object' in the LadderClimb Ability settings. When this is ticked it still works fine for the local player, but on any...
  4. M

Moving Platform Problems

Also, we have noticed that, when player characters are on a Moving Platform, hits do not register client side.
  5. M

Moving Platform Problems

Can you give me a rough ETA of how long that will take Justin? We have a milestone to hit so if it will take longer than a few days we're going to have to try to fix it ourselves. If the latter, can you help point us in the right direction?
  6. M

Moving Platform Problems

I have a simple disk shape on the 'MovingPlatform' layer. It is able to be moved around arbitrarily. Players can walk on it. When it is stationary, when a remote peer connects and walks on this surface, the translation of the character is not smooth (as observed by the local player). When the...
  7. M

Driving

Okay, thank you
  8. M

Driving

We have several different 'vehicles' a character can drive/control. Each of these has different camera requirements requiring the system be put into a different State for each. However, the Drive ability can only change the State to 'Drive'. And if I add [AllowDuplicateTypes] to Drive so I can...
  9. M

Hitbox Collision Module

Thankyou
  10. M

Hitbox Collision Module

I have created a 'Body' Item prefab for melee attacks. I have added a Hitbox collision module. Since the BodyItem prefab does not sit within the character prefab's hierarchy I cannot directly drag in refs to the character's Colliders into the HitboxCollisionModule. When and where is the best...
  11. M

RegisterEventsWhileEquippedAndEnabledInternal

The documentation for Actions Modules and Groups states: "The RegisterEventsWhileEquippedAndEnabledInternal function is particularly important as it allows the ItemAction to listen to certain events only while the Item is equipped and the module is enabled. It is a good place to listen to...
  12. M

Custom Ability Issue

Thanks for the answers. Justin - what is the purpose of accumulating gravity when the character is not grounded?
  13. M

Custom Ability Issue

I've started to create a 'Jetpack' Ability. I wrote 3 lines of code to add some value to the Y component of the character's position for each frame the user holds down a button. This works for a few frames but then the character starts falling even though logging shows the code is still being...