Recent content by Madboy James

1. M

How to integrate Cinemachine and Unity Input System with UCC

I just created a script to switch the cinemachine brain on or off if I need "non-standard gameplay" camera control.
  2. M

I looked into it a bit more, and it... can, but indirectly. We can drive the InputAxisValue through script to rotate the camera on its axis. I have a working prototype with the addition of two lines of code in CinemachineViewType.cs However, this implementation has an issue. When the player...
  3. M

Hi, I'm using UCC + Unity input system + Cinemachine. I followed the documentation at https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/integrations/cinemachine/ And it works as long as I specify the old input system axis in the cinemachine freelook camera. If I remove the...
  4. M

Learning multiplayer: where to start?

Thank you for the response! I'll see what I can do with PUN, and switch it up when I'm more experienced.
  5. M

Learning multiplayer: where to start?

I plan on making a prototype cooperative PvE game to learn how to make a multiplayer game. However I'm not sure what the best approach to start off is. I see that there is a PUN add on, but I'd rather not buy PUN, plus the add on, for a learning experience. Additionally, PUN itself is...
  6. M

Effects Architecture recommendation

Thank you for the response! That'll help me stay on track and prevent unnecessary overuse and missuse of UCC systems.
  7. M

Effects Architecture recommendation

Hi, I've played around with various ability effect systems, but I'm wondering what people think is the best. Here's some use cases: -Cryo/ incidiary/ X ammo ability: activate ability-> current weapon now slows enemies, who gain "icy" fx over them. -adrenaline rush ability: activate ability->...
  8. M

Precisely Adjust fire rate on shootable weapons

Hi, I have some weapons for a game which have their fire rate balanced as Rounds Per Minute. Now, I can convert Rounds Per minute into Use Rate using the formula 1/(RPM/ 60) = Use Rate. If I take that use rate and divide it by 2, then use that number in the Use Rate and the Use Complete Event...
  9. M

How to adjust Aim magnification per weapon

Well, I used look offset to move the character towards the left of the view to begin with. If I change it back, then the angle is correct, but the character's position in the view is not. Is there a way to keep this angle, but push the view to the left or right? I guess crop the camera output...
  10. M

Okay! I went through the assault rifle video previously, I thought there might be a different setting for rifle "alignment while aiming". I have adjusted it now. I have another camera question. I cannot figure out how to adjust the rotational offset of the camera. The image below shows my...
  11. M

Hi, I'm a bit unclear on how to adjust the magnification level and position of zoom on weapons, ideally per weapon. This is using 3rd person, and is not using scopes (though if the scope module would work for regular iron sights over-the-shoulder, I'm game). How would I accomplish this...
  12. M

Have a bullet hole appear on target non-collision collider

Gotcha. How would I turn off the bullet hole graphic for enemies? I haven't played around with the surface system much yet.
  13. M

Have a bullet hole appear on target non-collision collider

Hi, is there a way to have bullet marks appear on a sub-collider of a target? My use case is that my target has a large hitbox, and I end up having bullet holes hovering in front of the object's face. I want to keep the large collider, but would rather bullet holes appear on a sub-collider...
  14. M

How to create an attack ability

Yup, that did the trick! Thanks!