Recent content by Jroo

1. J

Make Character Face Direction of Movement with Stationary View Type Camera

Hi, So I've been trying to make a top-down game that features sections where you move a character. I was hoping I could use the Opsive character controller for this even though I know its more meant for 1st-person/3rd-person view where the camera is attached to the player. I want the camera to...
  2. J

Deathmatch AI Knife Variant stops attacking

Ok, I did so and the AI works in that it will keep attacking the player after the first attack but obviously there is no delay between one attack and the next one. If I set the Stop Use Ability Delay to extremely low numbers, it will keep attacking with some delay but the delay is very...
  3. J

Where would I got about doing this? In Use.cs or somewhere on the inspector? Also, yes, it is the m_CanStopAbility bool.
  4. J

Ok, when I put break points throughout the UseCompleteItem function, I get that StopAbility() is never called as bool stopAbility becomes false before it reaches that point due to the if statement on line 831.
  5. J

What script is Use.UseCompleteItem in? Also, is there a better way to communicate with support? I feel this issue could be resolved much faster if it were possible to have a call with you or someone else while I share my screen.
  6. J

Ok, when I do so, after the attack, I do get a log saying "Execute OnAnimationUseComplete on GameObject BFKnifeAI Variant(1)". Does that indicate my initial assessment of the issue was wrong or could there be another factor at play resulting in Use never going inactive.
  7. J

I'm a bit inexperienced in animation in terms of unity. How would I go about enabling the logging
  8. J

Hi, I am having an issue where the Deathmatch AI Knife variant will stop attacking after performing an attack once or twice on the player. It will only attack again once the target (player character) steps out of range, which causes the AI to chase the player and then repeat the same course of...
  9. J

Cannot Unequip Weapon When Climbing

Yeah I have those. Is there any specific setting those need to be? It looks like it should work to me but I suppose I don't understand the full way this gets triggered
  10. J

First Person Issue

I don't own both controllers though... just first person. This is really dumb if I need the third person controller just for this (even though the perspective never changes from first person)
  11. J

Cannot Unequip Weapon When Climbing

Hi I'm having an issue where I cannot seem to get the character to unequip their weapon while climbing. I figured out that this is done through the preset: It looks like its getting activated correctly and "Immediate Unequip" gets checked in the free climb ability when I start climbing, however...
  12. J

First Person Issue

Ever have any luck with this? I am running into the exact same issue
  13. J

How to make melee only enemies effective despite player movement

yeah I'm a bit stuck. I can't seem to figure out why but the active item ability just seems to get spam used a bunch, rather randomly. Shouldn't it not be able to use the active item (in this case, the knife) so long as it hasn't finished being used? It's getting called much greater than the use...
  14. J

How to make melee only enemies effective despite player movement

to be clear, I'm asking about how AI with a knife is supposed to behave, assuming no bugs on my end. I don't think I can debug something if I don't know what the state it's supposed to be in is. I'm trying to ask how these ai are supposed to behave cause I don't see anything in the code or the...