Version 2.3.3 of the Ultimate Character Controller is making its way to the Opsive Store and the Asset Store. This is the base version for the upcoming Climbing Pack.
Note: The Unity Package Manager doesn’t always import the most recent update after you download the asset. Ensure you are getting the latest by removing the package cache from the Asset Store download folder. After importing ensure you have installed the package through the Tools -> Opsive -> Ultimate Character Controller -> Installer menu option.
This version contains the following changes:
- Added the Rotate Towards ability.
- Added a version number to the installed unity package.
- Added a grouping to the abilities, item abilities, movement types, view types, and effects add type dropdown.
- Added a callback to the MaterialSwapper when switching between perspectives.
- Added NonDominant Hand IK ObjectIdentifier IDs instead of a direct transform reference.
- Added a parameter to be able to adjust the Animator speed within the Animator Monitor.
- Added CharacterIK.OverrideFootIKWeight.
- Implemented the field of view in top down and 2.5D view types
- Improved error message when creating a first person item and the wrong parent is specified.
- Switched Drive.GetValidStartLocation to a virtual method.
- Switched AttributeMonitor.OnUpdateValue to a virtual method.
- Changed OnCameraZoom event so it executes on the camera GameObject.
- Fixed slide from not triggering with horizontal capsule collider characters.
- Fixed melee weapon from causing a hit event after it has completed use.
- Fixed object fade materials from not always being initialized.
- Added StateInspectorHelper to a Try/Catch block.
- Fixed HightChange from throwing an exception if starting before the character is initialized.
- Fixed first person free look yaw from snapping when coming from the first person combat view type.
- Fixed camera controller from being framerate dependent when set to FixedUpdate.
- Fixed AssetDatabase.ImportAsset warning when modifying the Item Collection