Version 2.2.8 of the Ultimate Character Controller is making its way to the Opsive Store and the Asset Store. If you are enjoying the character controller please consider leaving a review!
Note: The Unity Package Manager doesn’t always import the most recent update after you download the asset. Ensure you are getting the latest by removing the package cache from the Asset Store download folder.
This version contains the following changes:
- Added support for HDRP (requires Unity 2020.2).
- Exposed the SurfaceManager MainTexture name.
- The Local Spawn Scale can be specified for runtime pickups.
- Adjusted the demo sniper rifle aim sensitivity.
- Removed ThirdPersonPerspectiveItem.ParentHumanoidBone as it was unnecessary when the slot can be used.
- CharacterIKBase can specify a target to look at.
- Added more events to the MagicItem.
- Improved input handing with a gamepad.
- Improved damage indicator positioning.
- Category will select a uint value under the int.MaxValue for better inspector support.
- CharacterFootEffects can be added to first person characters without an Animator.
- Fixed shield from not being removed when damage is called.
- Fixed drop item from holstering after it has been removed.
- Fixed crosshairs spread from not returning when disabled.
- Fixed item parameters from not being sent to the child Animator when there is no character Animator.
- Fixed MagicItem from not being able to be created as a prefab.
- Fixed ItemSetManager from adding a new item set when duplicate items are added with the same Item Definitions.
- Fixed NavMeshAgentMovement ability from moving when the navmesh has stopped.
- Fixed ItemEquipVerifier from not letting the EquipUnequip ability start.
- Fixed character collider from not being set correctly by the CharacterHealth death layer.