What "Character Locomotion" properties are timesteps dependent?

ttesjt

Hi all!

I have noticed that some properties are dependent on the timestep. So far I have found: gravity, motor rotation speed are in this category. Is there a full list of properties that is timestep dependent?

I am no way more knowledgeable than you guys but I recently had this thought. Why not making everything timestep independent? Like Motor acceleration is not time step dependent, I always move the same speed regardless the timestep.
On the other hand, gravity is timestep dependent. Why not make it "acceleration per second", and deal with timestep in script?
I think it's a bit of confusing to me to have some preperties timestep independent while having some things dependent. Like MotorAcceleration vs MotorRotationSpeed.

One benefit I can think of to have properties timestep independent is that we can dynamically change the timestep in some rare case like slow motion. (slow motion makes fixedupdate animation or physics look laggy)

Thank you in advance

I don't have a list but I do like your idea of making everything independent. I have added that to my list.