Weapon animations

Mattis

I wonder something about weapon animations on the weapon itself... I made fire, dry fire, idle and attack idle today on my pistol (as in demo) and made the same transitions. The animations worked and behaved as expected. ... buuut, the weapon was rotated and positioned totally wrong when my player was holding it.. and I guess it must be the animation itself because even if I positioned it back in playmode and unpaused it went back to the wrong position.. what could be wrong and what is the right way to animate something that should be positioned in a certain way? Should I animate it when my player is holding it ? Or could it be when I dragged the pistol somewhere in scene and keyed everything before I made the animation on the trigger to be pulled? Could that have made it all wrong if there was some position boned to the wepon itself? Should I animate it at 0,0,0 in scene ? What do you think ? @Justin

I'm definitely not an animation expert but it does sound like the animation is rotating the weapon. The idle shouldn't have any movement.

Yes I keyed the whole gun by mistake.. works now.. guess I can use the same animation for Idle and AttackIdle