Version 2.3.5 and Add-On Updates

After updating from version 2.3.3 to version 2.3.5, the controller began to slow down when using Fixed Update, what could be the reasons? Video:

It's hard to see from that video - can you tell me how to reproduce it within a fresh project?

1. Create a new project in Unity 2021.1.15f1
2. Import First Person Controller 2.3.5
3. Create a character and a camera, that's it.

Lags when Fixed Update on a character

Last edited:
I am not able to reproduce it. I created a script which also outputs the velocity and it remains consistent across updates.

Code:
public class VelocityOutput : MonoBehaviour
{
    public UltimateCharacterLocomotion m_CharacterLocomotion;

void Update()
    {
        Debug.Log(m_CharacterLocomotion.Velocity.magnitude);   
    }
}

Thank you. I was able to reproduce it with your project. I need to look into why it is working with my project. The problem occurs because there isn't an animator so the update loop is a bit different. I will push a fix to the Asset Store now but you can also fix it by opening KinematicObjectManager.FixedUpdate and moving line 901:

Code:
            m_FixedFrameCount++;
to line 880. This is immediately before the for loop.

Thanks for letting me know. I will submit the update now.

Since the update I'm getting a new error of 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' The line reference is 1749 of the UltimateCharacterLocomotion script. But having a hard time tracking down the root cause.

Note: Doesn't seem to break anything (at least not that I've noticed yet) just an annoying red message

Last edited:
@Glitch

You'd need to post the entire error log for anyone else to get any idea of what could triggering that. I'm pretty sure its something on your system as I've updated and haven't had that.

@Glitch

You'd need to post the entire error log for anyone else to get any idea of what could triggering that. I'm pretty sure its something on your system as I've updated and haven't had that.
Noted, only didn't post the full log in case it was more than just me. Seems to be caused by Gaia water reflections turning off reflections fixes it. I'll have to do some digging to figure out why though.