Various Useful Item Actions and Impact Modules

Woods

As I work on a game with UCC I find myself frequently making useful generic actions and modules that can be used within the Magic, Melee and Shootable Actions. Most of these are variations of existing scripts that solve a specific type of problem. Hope these help someone trying to figure out how to create other useful UCC custom features. I will add/update as they are created and polished. :)

Heal Self and Nearby
This ImpactAction heals the caster and all nearby health components when hitting a damage-able opponent. Good for AOE heal. Can easily be customized and improved.

Character Regain Attribute
This ImpactAction gains a specified amount of a character attribute when hitting a damage-able opponent. Good for health/stamina/mana regen on hit.

Physics Cast Target
This upgraded CastEffectModule has an additional boolean to use the cast target position for doing the physics cast. Great for AOE groundcast.

Spawn Object Target
This upgraded CastEffectModule has an additional boolean to use the cast target position as the spawn position. Great for AOE groundcast.

Spawn Scaled Projectile
This upgraded CastEffectModule has an additional scale offset to modify the size of the prefab being spawned. Still trying to find a way to link it to the charge amount from the Charged Module.

Heal Self and Nearby
* Updated with some minor fixes
This ImpactAction heals the caster and all nearby health components when hitting a damage-able opponent. Good for AOE heal. Can easily be customized and improved.

Refactor of my old solution for AOE using the PhysicsCastTarget and SpawnObjectTarget. These scripts together work way better for effects that you want to last after casting and uses triggers to allow for any collider as the area instead of just raycasts. Works similarly to projectiles by passing the ImpactActions to the AOE.

AOE
Put this script on the AOE prefab parent object that gets spawned, it requires a collider trigger to detect hits.

Spawn AOE Target
A new CastEffectModule that should be used with prefabs that have an AOE script. The prefab can spawn on the player, at the players location in worldspace, or at the players look location. It is capable of doing a single impact or multiple impacts on an interval. Note: Impact Actions on the ability need to be multihit.

Just giving you a heads up that I really appreciate seeing how you are using the modular item system. I have been reworking some of the code for multiplayer and I am also testing against your modules to ensure I don't remove anything that you are using :)