V3.08 No Equip/Unequip ability was found. Please add at least one Equip/Unequip ability.

vodinh

Cannot create character with UCC, cannot update character in UIS.
No Equip/Unequip ability was found. Please add at least one Equip/Unequip ability. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSetGroup:Initialize (UnityEngine.GameObject,Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBase) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/ItemSetGroup.cs:168) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBase:Initialize (bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/ItemSetManagerBase.cs:108) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSetManager:Initialize (bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/ItemSetManager.cs:34) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSetManager:SetItemCollection (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemCollection,bool,bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/ItemSetManager.cs:118) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Utility.Builders.CharacterBuilder:AddItemSupport (UnityEngine.GameObject,Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemCollection,Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSetRuleBase,bool,bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Utility/Builders/CharacterBuilder.cs:664) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Utility.Builders.CharacterBuilder:BuildCharacterComponents (UnityEngine.GameObject,bool,bool,Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemCollection,Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSetRuleBase,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Utility/Builders/CharacterBuilder.cs:444) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.CharacterManager:BuildCharacter (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualElement) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/CharacterManager.cs:1435) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.CharacterManager/<>c__DisplayClass48_0:<ShowCharacter>b__2 () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/CharacterManager.cs:306) UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
1680100302242.png

That error is likely correct. Make sure you have an EquipUnequip ability that uses the all of the categories specified in the ItemSetManager.

That error is likely correct. Make sure you have an EquipUnequip ability that uses the all of the categories specified in the ItemSetManager.
But I’m just creating a character in the Character Manager menu, dragging the Atlas model into the Demo scene assign it to the Character field and pressing Build Character button, and an error appears.
I also deleted all UCC and imported new ones but it still doesn’t work.

You can watch this video, I haven’t done any settings other than trying in the Demo scene. Drag Atlas model into Demo scene assign it to the Character field and pressing Build Character.

Ahh, this is at edit time. Ok, yeah, that was an error due to the runtime building change with the UMA integration. I fixed this awhile ago so I forgot about it. This error is harmless at edit time and will be fixed in the next update.

Ahh, this is at edit time. Ok, yeah, that was an error due to the runtime building change with the UMA integration. I fixed this awhile ago so I forgot about it. This error is harmless at edit time and will be fixed in the next update.

Are you sure? I haven’t tried it yet. But when I updated it at UIS, it seems to be incorrect compared to the previous version. First of all, I see that it did not remove the Inventory component of UCC, leading to having 2 Inventory components.

1680247180711.png

My fix was awhile ago, but that fix isn't released yet. It will be in version 3.0.9.