Update Problems

wuyan

Hi,

I want to know what needs attention about this update. When I finished the update, there were many problems.(I deleted the old asset and re-imported the new version.)

Unity 2020.3.20
TPC from V2.3.5 to V2.4.2
UIS from V1.1.8 to V1.2.2

1. After rifle shooting, the character will keep aim animation all the time. and cannot put the gun down unless reload. (this problem also exists in TPC demo scene).

2. Running speed in the editor is greatly reduced. for example,In one of my scenes, the running speed is reduced from 60fps to 40fps. And not smooth enough.

3. When my character's sword hits the body or weapon of AI, The sounds wont be played which in the BladeImpactOnXX surface effects, and an error reported. The error is as follows. But the AI's sword hit my character wont have this problem.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler.ExecuteEvent[T1] (System.Object obj, System.String eventName, T1 arg1) (at <27da9e1afec54f2fb2a11d46a234f9df>:0) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.Health.OnDamage (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.Damage.DamageData damageData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Traits/Health.cs:397) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.CharacterHealth.OnDamage (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.Damage.DamageData damageData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Traits/CharacterHealth.cs:81) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.Health.Damage (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.Damage.DamageData damageData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Traits/Health.cs:318) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.Damage.DamageProcessor.Process (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.Damage.IDamageTarget target, Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.Damage.DamageData damageData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Traits/Damage/DamageProcessor.cs:170) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.MeleeWeapon.HitCollider (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.MeleeWeapon+MeleeHitbox hitbox, UnityEngine.RaycastHit raycastHit, UnityEngine.GameObject hitGameObject, UnityEngine.Collider hitCollider, Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.Damage.IDamageTarget damageTarget) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/MeleeWeapon.cs:829) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.MeleeWeapon.HitCollider (System.Int32 hitboxIndex, UnityEngine.Collider other, Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion hitCharacterLocomotion) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/MeleeWeapon.cs:769) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.MeleeWeapon.UseItemUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/MeleeWeapon.cs:611) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.Use.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/Use.cs:635) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.LateUpdateActiveAbilities (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability[] abilities, System.Int32& abilityCount) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1057) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.LateUpdateUltimateLocomotion () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1043) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.UpdatePositionAndRotation () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:858) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterLocomotion.UpdatePositionAndRotation (System.Boolean fromAnimatorMove) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterLocomotion.cs:521) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterLocomotion.OnAnimatorMove () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterLocomotion.cs:1456) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.OnAnimatorMove () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1786)

4. The mouse sensitivity becomes very low. I need to adjust the look sensitivity in the unity input component to 10 to get the previous effect. But not smooth. There is no such problem in the demo scene.

5. There are other problems that I am checking.

Thank you so much!

1. After rifle shooting, the character will keep aim animation all the time. and cannot put the gun down unless reload. (this problem also exists in TPC demo scene).
I was able to reproduce this and will have it fixed in the next update.

2. Running speed in the editor is greatly reduced. for example,In one of my scenes, the running speed is reduced from 60fps to 40fps. And not smooth enough.
Have you tried profiling it to determine the bottleneck?

3. When my character's sword hits the body or weapon of AI, The sounds wont be played which in the BladeImpactOnXX surface effects, and an error reported. The error is as follows. But the AI's sword hit my character wont have this problem.
Can you reproduce this within the demo scene? My guess is that m_GameObject is null but that shouldn't ever happen.

4. The mouse sensitivity becomes very low. I need to adjust the look sensitivity in the unity input component to 10 to get the previous effect. But not smooth. There is no such problem in the demo scene.
If you are using FixedUpdate you will need to adjust the sensitivity of the UnityInput component.

Hi Justin, Thank you!

Have you tried profiling it to determine the bottleneck?
I need more tests to confirm this problem. It is uncertain whether it is caused by this update of opseive now.

Can you reproduce this within the demo scene? My guess is that m_GameObject is null but that shouldn't ever happen.
The problem has been solved. Beacuse some of my codes are incompatible after the update.

Other problems found so far have also been solved.