Understanding nested conditional aborts

I have a scenario where I want a nested selector to trigger a conditional abort.

1647895432078.png

In order for this to work I have to mark the child selector as "lower prio abort" as in the picture and it works fine, however now that lower prio abort will also run when the "Attack" branch is running, which I do not want. I only want to abort the "Idle" branch at the far right.

What should I do?

For this situation you should not use conditional aborts since you want more control over when the abort happens. You should instead use the interrupt/perform interruption task which gives you more control over when things are aborted.

For this situation you should not use conditional aborts since you want more control over when the abort happens. You should instead use the interrupt/perform interruption task which gives you more control over when things are aborted.
Max or Justin, do you have an example of how you achieved this before without using conditional aborts? I have this same problem but this thread doesn't actually provide any guidance on how to accomplish the behavior.

I believe the RTS sample project has an example of the interrupt/perform interruption tasks.

When Perform Interruption runs it will stop the tasks under the specified Interrupt task. This gives you the flexibility of deciding exactly which tasks are aborted.