UI Error

ymo

I get this error when porting the demo UI to UCC intergration.
error1.PNG

And when I open the menu I get this error.
error2.PNG

Hi yuukimoka,

If you are using the integration, the UIS demo UI won't really work. Mainly because the UIS demo has scripts specific to the UIS demo character, which has stats and other things.
Since the UCC character does not have the same scripts as the UIS demo character the UIS demo won't work with the UCC character. Instead you should be using the UIS UCC integration demo UI and/or create your own UI from scratch or by using the Setup menu in the editor menu.

In the case you really want the UIS demo UI for some reason there are a few components you need to remove: CharacterStatsDisplay is one of them.

Apart from that the UI uses ItemCategories to split the inventory in sections and draw the appropriate item and attriubute boxes. If the categories specified in the UI (or any component for that matter) are not part of your database then you get the error you are getting. Of course for the demo UI they'll be pointing to categories in the demo database. So you'll need to find all references to the demo database and replace it with your own categories.

The error says that the item description has an attribute box set with null categories or categories from another database.
Find the ItemDescription component in the UI you are using:
1595246543605.png

Here you'll probably have a category attribute box set specified. You can remove it to get rid of the error. Or if you want a new category attribute box set, you can create your own by right clicking the project view and going to Create -> Ultimate Inventory System -> UI -> Category attribute box sets.

I hope that helps

Reactions: ymo