Trouble with Rewired

I'm not sure if this warning has anything to do with my current issue.

Code:
Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(19,38): warning CS0649: Field 'RewiredInput.m_PlayerID' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0

The input integrations didn't change with 2.2 so everything should still work. Make sure you have Enable Cursor With Escape enabled as well as Prevent Look Vector Changes. If you want to debug this you can place a breakpoint within RewiredInput.LateUpdate and ensure the cursor lock state and visibility is set to true when you press escape.

I just tried my Rewired sample scene and it still worked with 2.2 That private variable is no problem but I'll update the integration which removes it.

I have started with a fresh project of UFPS: Ultimate FPS and I just imported Rewired with the integration. Here's what I have.

import.PNG

scene.PNG

input.PNG

That looks correct. Have you tried placing a breakpoint within RewiredInput.LateUpdate to see why it's not unlocking the mouse button when you press escape? This code is pretty straight forward using the UnityInput class so there isn't much that can go wrong.

That looks correct. Have you tried placing a breakpoint within RewiredInput.LateUpdate to see why it's not unlocking the mouse button when you press escape? This code is pretty straight forward using the UnityInput class so there isn't much that can go wrong.

breakpoint.PNG

Code:
>    Void Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.Rewired.RewiredInput:LateUpdate ()+0x1f at D:\Game Development\Projects\TPC\Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs:[102:17-102:39]    C#

Code:
+        this    "Nolan (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.Rewired.RewiredInput)"    Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.Rewired.RewiredInput

I have added a debug message and in the editor it's working correctly but in the build it doesn't.

debug.PNG

console.PNG

Here's the log from the build version.,
Code:
Mono path[0] = 'D:/Game Development/Projects/TPC/Build/TPC_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = 'D:/Game Development/Projects/TPC/Build/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
Initialize engine version: 2019.3.9f1 (e6e740a1c473)
[Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path D:/Game Development/Projects/TPC/Build/TPC_Data/UnitySubsystems
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 615 (ID=0x591c)
    Vendor:   (null)
    VRAM:     3967 MB
    Driver:   26.20.100.7262
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in  1.237 seconds
D3D11 device created for Microsoft Media Foundation video decoding.
<RI> Initializing input.
<RI> Input initialized.
<RI> Initialized touch support.
UnloadTime: 6.325500 ms
Searching for compatible XInput library...
Found Xinput1_4.dll.
Cursor.visible = true
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Cursor.visible = true
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Cursor.visible = true

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 408c -> priority: 1
  Thread -> id: 2ba0 -> priority: 1

Last edited:
I have also changed the Unity version as well. I have changed to Unity 2018.4.17f1 with another fresh install of First Person Controller. I'm still getting the same thing.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce it. The updated version is on the integrations page.

Here's my updated build with the changed Rewired code.

I have tried both on the two different versions of Unity; 2019.3.9f1 and 2018.4.17f1 LTS

I saw that m_playerid line was changed from private to protected. This change doesn't seem to have fix it for me.

I removed the OnApplicationFocus at the end of RewiredInput. If you try to download the integration again it should be the correct file.

Thank you for updating that integration. I just finished testing it out and it appears that the issue has been fixed.