Timing question , Instant and Send Message

JasonT

Hi Justin
Just wondering about Instant. My understanding is that all tasks are executed instantly as soon as they are called whether instant is checked or not. But if I instant is not checked it will hold after completing that task until the next tick before continuing on. Is this correct?

When using the send message task, would it be good practice to uncheck instant to ensure that the receiver tree has actually received the message before continuing?

How is the execution order of all my different trees determined? Is it related to the hierarchy of scene?

When Instant is not selected the next task won't be selected until the next frame. If instant is true then the tree will keep executing as much as it can that frame.

As soon as send message is updated it sends the message so it'll happen at that moment regardless of whether instant is selected or not.

Ok and the last part, how is the order of all my trees determined, for example if I have a game manager tree that I want to be updated last after all the other trees have updated on the same frame.

For that level of control you'll want to tick the trees manually using BehaviorManager.instance.Tick.