Third Person Objects not hiding in URP

luckie12

Hi!

I have added the Neck and Head objects to the Third Person Objects slot, but nothing is being hidden...
1641230934124.png
Am i still missing something?

I am on URP

EDIT:

I added the FPS Material Controller on the character, changed the InvisibleMaterial to URP ... But still its not hiding my arms / head as in the video i follow from the tutorials page. (FPS MeshTool Integration)

With kind regards,

Luckie

Last edited:
The FPS Mesh Tool developer is supporting the integration so if you can get in contact with him that would be great. I haven't tried using it with URP though I think you just need to have the correct materials.

Hello! Should I use material swapper (Invisible Shadow Caster) in URP using UFPS? When I use URP Invisible shadow caster, UFPS hands disappear in the mirror too. I mean a correct third-person reflection in mirrors. Thank's!

For mirrors you do need to use the Material Swapper.
Thank's for an answer! If i understood you correctly, I need to use material swapper via UniversalRPShadowcaster (URP OPSIVE plugin) material like it was with built-n demo scene.

For mirrors you do need to use the Material Swapper.
There's a strange behavior of 3rd person hands, the don't appear in mirror like in built-in example, because i applied UniversalRPShadowcaster to them, like your URP Tutorial said. -

The InvisibleShadowCastorUniversalRP material needs to be set:
  • If using the Ultimate Character Controller, on your character’s Perspective Monitor the Invisible Material should be set to the InvisibleShadowCastorUniversalRP material included in the download.
  • If using a dedicated first person asset, the InvisibleShadowCastorUniversalRP material should manually be set on all of the third person objects that should be invisible (such as the head, arms, and items).

If I use material swapper with URP Invisible Shadow Caster mat and manual swap, it will get the next strange picture, without manual swap it doesn't work at all. Is there any wrong action I've done?

unnamed.png

You do need to use the Material Swapper. When you setup your first person character make sure the materials start out with the regular material and not the invisible shadow caster. This will ensure it gets the correct material.