The camera going up and down

sythe

Hi, when bringing your character to my already existing game, the camera starts to act weird

capture.gif

Then after tweaking some values, I found that you have a positioning spring for this view type, and when I change the value in the image (on runtime) in the inspector the shake stop, but changes on inspector are overridden when the game start. So my question is, where can I change those settings?

1655385383260.png

If the value is changed upon start, then it is probably done by a state preset. You can check which state is active in the "States" area of the camera controller, and change the value in the corresponding preset accordingly.

1655467902459.png

Its set to default preset when I start the game, but I don't see a way to change their "default" settings

That looks like it's on the Camera Controller - try looking at the states foldout on the view type. The default settings get set during initialization and it's the values that are set in the editor.

With that said, I haven't seen the camera behave like that before. As a test are you able to reproduce it within a new scene?

Thanks for the reply, this works well in an empty scene, what makes me believe that something in my code that isn't directly attached to the camera is creating this behavior, I've made a hack that fixes the position at LateUpdate and it will work, at least for now. Thanks for the help