Sword scaling issue

PhantomGR

Hello, i am following the third person sword setup tutorial but i noticed when im pressing Play the sword is tiny and i need to scale it from 1 to 100 to be visible how can i fix this issue?

1.PNG2.PNG

I think this is normal depending on the model imported. I have always had this issue but the sword scales too large. When you create a weapon you will see the sword you dragged in, the sword with the third person object script attached & mesh render (this is where I usually rescale and name sword main) and a sword with the animator component (don't need to change this). I usually name them sword main, sword anim, sword origin. With the visible sword item you can change scale on transform, scale in the inspector on the sword to match the size required. You could check to see how your model scale compares to the Opsive demo Atlas model I tend to keep my character models a similar scale to the Atlas model.

Last edited:
Hi, it looks like you're using a Synty character, I've recently met this issue when using their assets - some of their characters have some scaling issues for objects underneath their hands, some don't. The best way to handle this is to use parents with object identifiers, which is what you're supposed to do in any case to begin with. Take a look at this character prefab I made :

Capture d’écran (2351).png

Capture d’écran (2353).png

As you can see, I set the parent's scale to 100 on all axis for charactes that have this scale issue, and leave it at 1 for other characters. You'll need to check which characters have this issue and manually make this scale change, but it's more annoying than really complicated. Hope this helps !

Edit : Oh and in case you don't know about that, the Object Identifier needs to have the same value as the weapon's Spawn Parent on the related Perspective Item script. You can also take a look at the demo Atlas character and weapons which are good examples.

Capture d’écran (2354).png

Hi, it looks like you're using a Synty character, I've recently met this issue when using their assets - some of their characters have some scaling issues for objects underneath their hands, some don't. The best way to handle this is to use parents with object identifiers, which is what you're supposed to do in any case to begin with. Take a look at this character prefab I made :

View attachment 11929

View attachment 11930

As you can see, I set the parent's scale to 100 on all axis for charactes that have this scale issue, and leave it at 1 for other characters. You'll need to check which characters have this issue and manually make this scale change, but it's more annoying than really complicated. Hope this helps !

Edit : Oh and in case you don't know about that, the Object Identifier needs to have the same value as the weapon's Spawn Parent on the related Perspective Item script. You can also take a look at the demo Atlas character and weapons which are good examples.

View attachment 11931
Thank you so mush this fixed it for me and yes i am using synty assets their low poly style is so good.