Spectator camera view type

Fenda

In a multiplayer third-person game we are hoping to have the camera switch to other players perspectives when you are dead (i.e. spectator mode).

Is it possible to attach a third-person camera to other characters? We'd like to maintain camera rotation locally but obviously no character player input.

We're using UCC v3 + PUN2 addon. Any tips you can give us would be greatly appreciated!

For this I would create a new spectator camera controller and switch to that. The Deathmatch AI Kit does something similar with its free look mode.

For this I would create a new spectator camera controller and switch to that. The Deathmatch AI Kit does something similar with its free look mode.

Ah, great! I tried enabling the checkbox for Observer in the Deathmatch AI Kit demo but it doesn't seem to do anything. Was hoping to see how that works before purchasing.

I will take a look at it for the next deathmatch update. With that said, the basic idea is to disable the character controller CameraController and enable your own camera controller.