SlotItemId Is not updated in the animator

Tvtig

Hi There,

I am trying to create a basic first person setup as described in the documentation:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 23.44.57.png
All seems fine, but when I add a weapon - a pistol in this case, and setup the item as per the videos, I can see that the item is equipped:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 23.46.49.png

The pistol in question is setup to have an AnimatorI Item D of 2:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 23.47.51.png

However, the animation controller is not updated to reflect this ID - which causes my animations to break:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 23.49.23.png

If I remove all the animation events from the shootable action, I can see the weapon firing, however, the animator item ID is never updated. Is there something that is invalid or missing in my setup?

I am on the latest version of the controller on apple silicon:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 23.51.16.png

I have confirmed that this works fine when using a full body aware character such as the one in the demo. But for the project I am working on I just need a basic FPS setup. Your assistance would be appreciated.

This sounds like it's an animation event trigger issue. With a full body character all of the animation events are added to the full body animations. On your item make sure you are not waiting on any animation events for equip/unequip.

This sounds like it's an animation event trigger issue. With a full body character all of the animation events are added to the full body animations. On your item make sure you are not waiting on any animation events for equip/unequip.

Thanks Justin for the response, to test this out I actually removed all of the "wait for animation event" options:

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 08.10.08.png
Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 08.11.02.png

As such I can see the use item starts and completes in the logs - which (Please correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think would be possible if the item was stuck in the equip or unequip phase:

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 08.12.21.png
Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 08.14.14.png

However the animator id is still 0

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 08.11.02.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 08.11.02.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
Hmm, can you send that scene/weapon to support@opsive.com so I can take a closer look?
Confirming, Item ID is always 0. I'm using an integration with the Inventory System.
Here is a video example, Idle animation only plays when ID is set to 0, although it should play when ID is 1:
UFPS 3.0.14
UIS 1.2.17
Character without a body

My guess is that the change trigger occurs but the animator isn't ready for it. Try removing the change trigger.

My guess is that the change trigger occurs but the animator isn't ready for it. Try removing the change trigger.
Are you talking about the Slot0ItemStateIndexChange trigger? If you remove it, nothing will change.