Set Trigger not affecting Animation Controller trigger

Scimajor

I am try to use B.D. to trigger an animation if certain conditions are met within Behavior Designer. My first thought was to use Set Trigger but it does not seem to work.
My Setup:
1. I have an Animator Controller attached to my character with a transition set to transition if a trigger is set (e.g. "DoStuff").
2. In B.D. I have Set Trigger's parameters set to the object with the animation controller assigned to it and the trigger with the exact same name (e.g. "DoStuff").

B.D. returns success for Set Trigger yet the trigger never gets fired in the Animation Controller.

I read where Opsive suggests any kind of animation transitions to be completely controlled from with the Animation Controller which works fine and dandy for some situations but is a royal pain in my situation. What am I doing wrong and/or what is the best way get the animation controller to play a specific animation based on what's going on in B.D.?

Thanks.

Have you tried the MiniGauntlet sample project? This provides an example of setting the parameters of an animator controller. The SetTrigger task just calls Animator.SetTrigger so maybe your animator is consuming that trigger?

The issue seems to be with the timing and the animator controller reacts to incoming messages (e.g. triggers, bool changes, float changes, etc.). When I changed it so the required animation was connected to "any state" in the Animation Controller everything worked as expected. I've no idea why the Unity Animation Controller seemed to ignore parameter changes when Animations were connected in any other manner (forgive me if I'm not explaining this coherently). No worries though. It actually makes my life easier to have a simple list of animations connected directly to "any state".