Reload Drop Clip acts as inserted clip as well

Cheo

Hello, when working on my shotgun reloading today I stumbled upon a weird limitation of the Generic Reloader module - basically I was trying to make my character insert shotgun bullets one by one into the weapon, but realized that the only slot for the inserted prefab turns out to be Reload Drop Clip. Unless I'm mistaken, this prefab is meant to be used for both the dropped clip and the inserted one, and can't be used for the latter only, which doesn't make sense ! For example, just take the demo pistol and press pause when reloading, and you'll see that both the dropped and inserted clips are clones of the Pistol Clip prefab. We need two separate prefabs here. I would also suggest adding an inserted bullet prefab for the demo shotgun, this issue would have been spotted earlier had this been tried. Allow me to tag you @Sangemdoko as I believe you're in charge of the item module side. Thanks.

That is correct, I didn't think about adding two seperate prefabs for this.
I makes perfect sense... but unfortunatly after looking at the code the change isn't as simple as you might think. Additionaly it would break someones existing weapon if I made the change.

So I'll add it to the list of TODOs and add it in a future update.
In the meantime, you might want to look into making your own custom realoader script