RCC integration demo scene broken prefabs

gekido

Just imported RCC Pro (v1.35.0) into my project (with UCC 3), added the integration and opened the demo scene and all of the RCC prefabs are broken (camera / car):

2024-01-18 20_03_24-EndDays.URP - Scene - Windows, Mac, Linux - Unity 2022.3.16f1 _DX11_.png

and throws script errors (can't find the RCC code?

2024-01-18 20_06_48-EndDays.URP - Scene - Windows, Mac, Linux - Unity 2022.3.16f1_ _DX11_.png

[Edit - ah just looked at the versions of the packages on the asset store - I have RCC 'PRO' (which is at version 1.35), not plain RCC (which is 3.7)...

Strange that they aren't compatible? Well that's annoying...hmmm

Last edited:
Oh, good to know that there's a pro package. I can add this to my integration request list but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to it.

Cyber Survival - Scene - Windows, Mac, Linux - Unity 2022.3.14f1_ _DX11_ 1_21_2024 9_15_36 PM.png
Hi Justin. These are there errors I am getting when I try to run the RCC demo scene. I was hoping you can help me out. The player input proxy for atlas is empty and does not give me an option to fill the field.

I believe that it's RCC which requires the Unity Input System so you need to first make sure you have that integration imported.

I checked and I already have the Unity input system installed in the project.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.Shared.Input.PlayerInputProxy.GetButton (System.String buttonName) (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/Input/PlayerInputProxy.cs:92)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraControllerHandler.Update () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Camera/CameraControllerHandler.cs:91)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability.CanInputStartAbility (Opsive.Shared.Input.IPlayerInput playerInput) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Ability.cs:329)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.UpdateAbilityInput (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability[] abilities) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:132)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.UpdateAbilityInput () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:100)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.Update () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:75)

Opsive.Shared.Input.PlayerInputProxy.GetLookVector (System.Boolean smoothed) (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/Input/PlayerInputProxy.cs:201)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraControllerHandler.GetMoveInput (System.Single& horizontalMovement, System.Single& forwardMovement) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Camera/CameraControllerHandler.cs:126)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.SimulationManager+SmoothedCamera.Rotate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/SimulationManager.cs:241)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.SimulationManager.RotateCameras () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/SimulationManager.cs:739)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.SimulationManager.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/SimulationManager.cs:670)

Error: Unable to find the PlayerInput component.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Opsive.Shared.Input.PlayerInputProxy:Awake () (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/Input/PlayerInputProxy.cs:56)