Random stats on item generation

Saint

Hello,

I am trying to create a diablo like item system.
When an enemy is killed, items that are dropped will have a random rarity, random attack, random crit chance...
Is there any kind of solution built into the UIE or any good way to achive what I am trying to do?

There is nothing built-in for such a feature. Mainly because random can mean anything, especially when using attributes that can be of any type.
In those types of games you don't want randomness to be evenly distributed either. For example you don't want the same probability to get a legendary item compared to a common one.

And then you have stats that are dependant on each other. For example you don't want a common item to have more attack than a legendary item.

Even though it is random, you want control over that randomness. And unfortunatly the best way to do this is with custom code because there are too many possibilities and we wouldn't be able to make a system that works for most games.

It took awhile but I wrote a documentation page with a full working example script. If there is anything you need me to clarify let me know: