Ragdol (Pseudo 3d) bug

SirRingo

each time an enemy dies, ragdoll kicks in.
looks nice for a moment - than starts jumping on screen forever,
at some point they "step off" the baked mesh (because it's 2.d I would like to keep it tight.
(it's not mendatory. but it really isnt the issue)
the issue is that the dead enemys keeps on gittering on screen forever, and it looks rediculus.
if I could stop them from moving after a second, they would never go Off the mesh.

so why does this happen ?
is there a simple built in way to stop ragdoll at some point?

and than i get this null exception:
"GetRemainingDistance" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshAgent:get_remainingDistance()
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.Movement.NavMeshMovement:HasArrived() (at Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Scripts/Tasks/NavMeshMovement.cs:104)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.Movement.Patrol:OnUpdate() (at Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Scripts/Tasks/Patrol.cs:45)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager:RunTask(BehaviorTree, Int32, Int32, TaskStatus)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager:Tick(BehaviorTree)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager:Tick()
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager:Update()

When you go into the ragdoll mode you should disable the behavior tree since it no longer needs to update until the character respawns.

well it happens even if I COMPLETELY remove the Behavior tree component. it dose not matter which layer is stated in the ragdoll, and it does not matter if I turn off ALL OTHER abilities. as long as Ragdoll is on. here are 2 different ragdolls which cause the same error. what am i doing wrong ? any idea ?
1588139104638.png

That error is coming from the NavMeshAgent. It normally means that your character isn't placed on the navmesh (as would happen during a ragdoll), or your navmesh isn't baked in that area.

Justin thanks alot.
UPDATE - I couldnt solve that ragdol issue causing them to jump all over and go off the NavMEsh.
BUT I just made a set of new enemies from scratch and it did not happen again.
wasn't too much of a fuss. so I'am still not sure what caused the problem - felt like a bug, but it's NOT AN ISSUE ANYMORE
so FORGET ABOUT IT !!

p.s THE UPDATE IS AUSUME - keep on rocking in the free world