Racing controller

Silver100

Is it possible to use UCC to create a full racing game? I know the sky car is included and have yet to set that up. I have got some very good results
getting the player to enter a ship and fly simply by altering a jet pack logic ability was thinking would this work for a racing game?

Hello, what exactly do you mean by "a full racing game" ? Something with cars only like Mario Kart or Gran Turismo ? In any case for anything car related I'd recommend Realistic Car Controller, it's really good and easy to setup, and the standard version is enough btw.
If you want to combine UCC and vehicle controls with a lot of flexibility I recommend using Ultimate Seating Controller by @FastSkillTeam, an add-on that allows UCC characters to board any object, be it a car or a spaceship, and to share control with or give full control to this object. It works really well with RCC, and can help you recreate GTA's mechanics.

Not sure at this stage. I was thinking both something very cartoony then trying something more realistic. I was experimenting seeing if there is some kind of easy short cut with just UCC and just my own code but it looks quite involving. I will definitely take a look at the above recommendations too thanks :)

Last edited:
It should technically be possible to reproduce car mechanics with UCC alone, you could maybe apply force forward and backward to drive, brake and reverse, but I would personally be discouraged by this kind of idea. Remember the first C stands for "Character", not "Car" ! Something like RCC would really be built around the idea of driving, and contain specific features like gear shifting, which is more what you want if you're aiming at something realistic.