PUN Add On Error importation

Azrod

I've imported the recently released Pun Add On and I have this error 14 times :
Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Add-Ons\Multiplayer\PhotonPUN\Scripts\Character\PunCharacter.cs(32,60): error CS0535: 'PunCharacter' does not implement interface member 'INetworkCharacter.StartItemReload(CharacterItemAction)'

How can I fix that pls?

Are you running version 3.0.6 of the character controller? StartItemReload now uses the ShootableReloaderModule.

Hi, I've updated to the 3.0.6 version of the character controller but I still have the same error 14 times. How can I fix that pls?

Make sure you've downloaded version 2 of the PUN add-on. This is the version that is compatible with version 3 of the character controller.

Are you sure you are on version 3? You could try a fresh project to verify. INetworkCharacter doesn't implement StartItemReload(CharacterItemAction). It implements StartItemReload(ShootableReloaderModule module). This is on line 91 of INetworkCharacter.

Hi, I've updated to the 3.0.6 version of the character controller but I still have the same error 14 times. How can I fix that pls?
Just a suggestion, If you are importing to the same project, I recommend first removing all MP addon files, remove UCC, then remove any "excess" symbols within the unity player settings, and reimport UCC then MP addon. DO NOT close the project during this process.

Just a suggestion, If you are importing to the same project, I recommend first removing all MP addon files, remove UCC, then remove any "excess" symbols within the unity player settings, and reimport UCC then MP addon. DO NOT close the project during this process.
Hi, I've just did what you said and when reimported the UCC package, I got 29 errors. Do I have to delete the entire scene that I did whith the UCC?

Attachments

• error2.png
    error2.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 3
  • error1.png
    error1.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 3
Seems like a namespacing issue, between Unity Editor and Opsive.CharacterController.Editor. No idea why, I have not faced this issue. You could try double clicking the error, commenting out the script, and seeing if the following errors resolve. The first error always prevents compilation, which in turn creates more.

It is apparently because the UCC is not detected be It really is imported so I don't know what to do

Attachments

• errors5.png
    errors5.png
    208.6 KB · Views: 3
Also all the scripts on my atlas character have been deleted

Attachments

• errors6.png
    errors6.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 2
Here's what I recommend:
  1. Create a new project in Unity 2021.3
  2. Import & install the character controller
  3. Update the inputs
  4. On the main manager window verify it says version 3.0.6
  5. Import the PUN add-on
With these steps you will not get any compiler errors.