Pseudo3D character not facing mouse direction

SanaDev

Hi, I just set up a pseudo 3d character following the documentation guidelines(I haven't used the optional path feature yet). Why does the character look at the opposite direction(I also noticed that the circle crosshair doesn't follow the mouse cursor but stays in the center, is this a bug ?)? Also, why does the player sometime not fully rotate when the mouse is behind him but only moves his torso? Edit: forgot to say that I'm using the latest version of the UCC

Why does the character look at the opposite direction
It looks like your camera flips around. You should check the view type and ensure the forward direction is set correctly.

(I also noticed that the circle crosshair doesn't follow the mouse cursor but stays in the center, is this a bug ?
You can enable that on the crosshairs monitor.

Also, why does the player sometime not fully rotate when the mouse is behind him but only moves his torso?
You can use the restrict rotation ability to restrict the rotation to a specified number of degrees.

1) I checked the camera, the view type was already correctly set to pseudo3d. How and where do i check the forward direction you mentioned?
2) I ticked the 'Move With Cursor' check box in the crosshair's monitor, it follows the mouse position ONLY when the game tab is clicked(is this a limitation of Unity?). Only after clicking the game tab the head follows the cursor(and the crosshair) position properly but the character's torso and legs face the camera instead of rotating either left or right.
3) The rotation ability behaves weirdly. I expected that setting the restriction to 180 degrees would smoothly(also ticked the rotation smoothing checkbox) rotate the character left or right, with the full body always facing and rotating according to the mouse direction, how do I set it properly?
As you can see in the video, before the game tab is clicked the head looks at the opposite direction Restrict rotation ability configuration

Last edited:
1) I checked the camera, the view type was already correctly set to pseudo3d. How and where do i check the forward direction you mentioned?
That is on the Pseudo3D view type.

2) I ticked the 'Move With Cursor' check box in the crosshair's monitor, it follows the mouse position ONLY when the game tab is clicked(is this a limitation of Unity?). Only after clicking the game tab the head follows the cursor(and the crosshair) position properly but the character's torso and legs face the camera instead of rotating either left or right.
Make sure on the Unity Input component you have Disable Cursor set to false.

3) The rotation ability behaves weirdly. I expected that setting the restriction to 180 degrees would smoothly(also ticked the rotation smoothing checkbox) rotate the character left or right, with the full body always facing and rotating according to the mouse direction, how do I set it properly?
As you can see in the video, before the game tab is clicked the head looks at the opposite direction
You can prevent the head from rotating on the CharacterIK component.