Prohibition of walking when punched and kicked

Sever3

Hello! I'm using version 2.4.9 of a third person controller and I don't understand how to prevent the character from walking during punches and kicks. I recorded
a short video that shows the problem - the hitting animation plays, but I can "walk".
I'm assuming this should be done with a state system, but the example (Nolan's one that works) literally doesn't show me exactly what states should be at the time of the hits - there are blank lines (shown at the end of the video).
Maybe I'm wrong and you need to look in the wrong direction, in general I would be very grateful for your help)

I am no longer able to support version 2 of the character controller. With that said, I believe that I went over this in the version 2 melee video so I recommend taking a look at that. You'll want to enable root motion during the attacks.

I am no longer able to support version 2 of the character controller. With that said, I believe that I went over this in the version 2 melee video so I recommend taking a look at that. You'll want to enable root motion during the attacks.
Thanks! Root motion it what I need