Problem: getting started with a FPS/TPS controller

bundledigital

Hi, I have a problem where the character weapon isn't visible when I change from FPS to TPS. I have followed an official tutorial (Link below) but something has changed since that video tired to figure it out on my own, but unfortunately I couldn't. In addition to the weapon not visible, I can not shoot it as well when TPS view.

1657725600077.png

1657725626782.png

Are you using the assault rifle runtime pickup within the asset? If you send your scene to support@opsive.com I can take a quick look at it. In that package if you can also include the character that would be great.

Thing is that in the official tutorial, he used a component that I do have which is the "UCCFPS Material Controller". It's just doesn't control the FPS objects for some reason too.

Even after importing the Polygon Prototype package I am getting a missing prefab reference within the scene. But the UCCFPSMaterialController is from the FPS Mesh Tool. Did you import that tool?

The video that you watched doesn't provide all of the details for setting up a new weapon. For that I recommend watching this video:

This video talks about first person but it will setup both a first and third person weapon.

I did the perfab that is missing is the modele using the FPS Mesh tool to cut it. Can't I used the original asset's weapons like he did?

Here is a package to the scene.

Attachments

• ScenePackage.unitypackage
    729.3 KB · Views: 1
It looks like there is a scaling issue. The assault rifle is being spawned, but it is really small:

1657879230307.png

You can change the spawn size on the assault rifle prefab.

The video above goes through the complete set of steps :) You will need to have a set of rigged arms though: