Player falls through floor

Silver100

Is there a way to prevent the possibility of a player falling through the floor. This happens very occasionally just trying to think what causes it?

I fixed a bug a few days ago where the ground detection could fail if a large downward force was added to the character. If it's not related to that then I'm not sure of the cause. In any case it'll probably be better to wait until 3.0.18 to be sure it's not the same thing.

Thanks, I do have a force ability on the character controller for on contact with enemies too. Is there a line of code I can add to a script to fix the bug rather than do an update?

All of these fixes build upon each other so I recommend staying up to date. With collision detection especially without doing the full update it will be hard to debug if something goes wrong. With that said, you can probably get away with just updating CharacterLocomotion.cs.

Thanks, I often get stuck if updating. I probably need more practice doing this. I will see if updating the CharacterLocomotion.cs. changes.