Particle based muzzle flash not working in game mode or scene view after update to 2.2.5

maaxiim

Hi @Justin , Are you aware of any changes needed to be made to existing particle based muzzle flashes so that they can work with the Shootable Item Muzzle Flash?

I have `Pool Muzzle Flash` set and all the components of the prefab are in Local simulation space, and rendering on the Visual Effects layer. When the weapon fires, it doesn't render at all in the scene view and seems to be firing in random directions in the game view. Apologies in advance, I forgot to adjust the audio before capturing the clip so the sound is a little grating. Thanks!

Using UCC 2.2.5 & Unity 2020.1.2f1

Last edited:
When the muzzle flash spawns it uses a random local z rotation to prevent the effect from staying the same. When you create your muzzle flash you should make sure the particles move in the local z direction so they play in the correct orientation.

Apologies I feel like I'm being dense and not exactly following what you're saying. I (think I) have the effects travelling along the Z axis and I've tried re-orienting the muzzle flash weapon component and/or the actual muzzle flash prefab but it always seems to appear the same.

Here's a couple of quick captures of the projectile particle system and hopefully showing it aligned on the Z axis ... And one of the alignment of the muzzle flash weapon component and also the spawned muzzle flashes in both scene/game views. I'm pretty sure you will instantly spot my mistake...

I just found something about Render alignment and render mode that maybe are relevant ... This is my first foray in to particle systems so there's a good chance I'm just missing some basic understanding about how they are rendered ... I'll let you know if this makes any difference