Object not on movingplatforms layer

I'm trying to set up a moving platform, but I keep getting a warning that the cube I created to be the moving platform is not on the movingplatforms layer. I'm following the documentation and set up the scene accordingly. All objects in the moving platform hierarchy are on the movingplatforms layer, including the cube. Why am I still getting this warning?

Here is the source of that warning:

Code:
            if (gameObject.layer != LayerManager.MovingPlatform) {
                Debug.LogWarning("Warning: " + gameObject.name + " is a moving platform not using the MovingPlatform layer. Please change this layer.");
                gameObject.layer = LayerManager.MovingPlatform;
            }

So I would check that your MovingPlatform GameObject is on the MovingPlatform layer.

It's been on that layer this whole time. Why is it saying it isn't? Has anyone else had this problem? I really don't understand.

Ok. So in the demo scene, the moving platform object is on the "trigger" layer, not the "movingplatform" layer. Now it's working when I set it to the "trigger" layer. I think the trigger layer is supposed to be called the "MovingPlatform" layer.

It looks like you've added your own layers - take a look at this page for what you need to update: