NWH Integration

gorman94

i have downloaded the NWH integration and it is working fine, i can run around and enter and exit the red sports car no problem, however I'm stuck as i can't figure out how to get it working with other vehicles such as the truck and monster that is also included with the NWH asset in the demo folder.

i attach the NWH Drive Source to the other vehicles, nothing happens, i cant enter or exit the vehicle at all.

any help would be great.

Chris.

I don’t have NWH, but Edys. Check the other children components, seeing if there’s something like a MoveTo locator to trigger entering the vehicle or a driver location

@KrispyJones's suggestion is spot on. If you are using an animation to enter the vehicle it could also be animation related so take a look at this page under Animator ID for details:

ok so downloaded EPV and have the demo scene working, can enter and exit L200 Red truck no problem, however i have no clue to to get multiple vehicles working. have copied everything over including the move toward object and just cant get it working. also trying to enter the default vehicle in the demo scene is a little strange, i get the best results by pressing F while standing at the back of the truck rather than the side, i haven't moved and enter or exit position or anything, there is no objects placed at the back.

If you don't have multiple vehicles and you just change the vehicle does it work? I'd start with that and then add from there.

no tried removing the default car and only having the Semi Truck but still no luck, i think ive narrowed it down to it being something to do with the Move Towards Lcoation script, for some reason it will only work with the Sports car including in the NWH Integration demo scene (same applies to EVP Demo Scene) i cant figure out why or where it links to that specific default vehicle.

One way to debug this is to place a breakpoint within Drive.GetMoveTowardsLocation. It should return the correct Move Towards Location component.

As a test you could also duplicate the working vehicle just to ensure it works with multiple vehicles within the scene.

can duplicate the demo car as many times as i like and they all work fine, just cant add another vehicle and get it to work.

have given up on using the integration and used Playmaker to activate vehicle controls and deactivate player, my spawn point could use a little work but works ok.