Multiple throwable Items (4 in total)

timfrench

I have 4 grenade types - Molotov, nail bomb, pipe bomb and grenade. I've created a weapon Wheel (Image attached) that allows the player to select various items including the 4 throwable's. I have the Grenade working as per the Nolan example. However I'm a little stumped going forward. I created the Molotov item as a grenade then added two additional left and right hand secondary molotov sets( images attached), set them up the same as the grenade. My plan was to use STATES of GrenadeActive, MolotovActive etc when the player selected one from the wheel thus making it active and then pressing "g" would throw the selected item. The wheel only shows an image if that Item is an active item with the player. As I have it now, no matter what I setup, only the Grenade is active. The Molotovs are never available so even though they are added to the player, it cannot be selected. At this point both are Grenade Items - 41. I see there are also throwable items, but no ItemID for anything throwable other than grenade. I'm looking for some direction on this please. I'm sure it's all about using States, but just not sure on how to proceed or how to set this up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.15.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.15.43 AM.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.25.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.25.44 AM.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.25.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.25.59 AM.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 7
You can treat each grenade as a new item so they should have their own Item Type and Animator ID. From there you can equip the items like any other weapon. The Item Set Manager is designed to work well for the demo but probably won't work for your setup. Take a look at this page for different Item Set Manager setups: