Mono Wrapper for Component GUI

wmpunk

Just got around to upgrading to UFPS2. I own both the original UFPS and TPC and have to say I am very pleased with this new one. Merging both design concepts has removed alot of limitations that the originals had as standalone assets. One thing I would like to see improved that I felt was a issue with both the originals and persist in the new version is the Inspectors. There is nothing wrong with them persay.. Its just that having all those components and on seperate Game Objects makes it very difficult/tedious to navigate around or find settings.

It would be super conveniant to have a Manager component that would be stictly for managing component settings all in once location without having to dig around your character setup and constantly be folding and unfolding components. I would imagine it would have a toolbar tab with main categories such as "Movement,Camera, Items, ect.." and underneath would be another tab or a drop down with all the components on your character in that catagory. What ever you have selected displays the GUI for that component.

I really like this idea :) The issue though is deciding what to include - something that is important for one person may not be important for the next. Maybe it would instead turn into some type of a navigation manager that helps you find the appropriate components?

That would be perfect! Any way to quickly jump around would definitaly be a improvment. Items expecialy, navigating the whole character root to find items is by far the worst haha.