Mirror Multiplayer question

Hello,

I understand that the mirror project was dropped, I'm curious, if all I want to do is sync the player's position and rotation + sync basic animations like sitting in a chair, would that be a considerable task to complete? (I have the FPS and TPS controllers, the user will be in FPS and other players would be in TPS)

Thanks!

Hello,

I understand that the mirror project was dropped, I'm curious, if all I want to do is sync the player's position and rotation + sync basic animations like sitting in a chair, would that be a considerable task to complete? (I have the FPS and TPS controllers, the user will be in FPS and other players would be in TPS)

Thanks!
If you have experience with mirror networking coding, syncing player position, rotation and animation not too hard at all, very basic networking syncing system, you could do this within a week or two at the most.

Wanting to do a more complete basic networking solution, what we done was paid $20 for the network addon and convert it, will take a bit of work but within a month or two max, you will have a good platform for networking.

Thanks for the info - for doing the conversion, from your experience can I port just parts of it as I need them or do I need to port the whole thing?

Yes there are scripts for everything, such as syncing the animator, transform, items, projectiles, health and more, choose what scripts you want, for our project, I created my own scripts, using the addon as a guide, we are using MLAPI for our networking but most of the code works from the addon, just needing to code for a different networking api, also the addon has everything needed for multiplayer, just keep in mind the networking solution is basic, it's not server authenticate and easy to cheat/hack.

We are the same as you, just wanting to have multiplayer.